If your looking to try out Joomla but don’t have any money you may find this article use as it includes a list of the best free Joomla hosting services for your website to help you get started with the free content management system.
Many of the free services available online do have limitations but they do provide you with everything you need to create a website.
More and more companies now offer free Joomla web hosting for people to try out before signing up to monthly paid service.
Advantages of using free Joomla Web hosting
- It’s free to host a website.
- It’s a good place to start testing Joomla on a live server environment.
- Great way to get to know how it works without spending any money.
- If you only need a small amount of disk space and bandwidth then it’s a good choice.
- If you don’t plan on getting many website visitors or website traffic.
Disadvantages of using free Joomla hosting
- Free website hosting will have limitations in place which include the server resources you can use, limits on bandwidth, disk space, MySQL databases, sub domains, email accounts and more.
- The Joomla website may work differently on a free hosting plan compared to a paid plan. This could generate PHP and MYSQL errors at the website and take you time to fix them.
- You won’t get the same level of technical support compared to using a shared or another web hosting plan that you do pay for.
- Paying customers will come first, you will be last in the support queue to get support.
- You may have to wait days to receive technical support.
- If your website is down, so what it’s a free service.
- Popup advertisements may appear on your website.
- You will be restricted by the type of templates and extensions you can install on free Joomla website hosting.
The bottom line is if you want to test out Joomla and don’t have the money to pay for a paid service than look at a host but don’t expect it to work out great and if you have website downtime or technical issues then your pretty much on your own.
Best Free Joomla Web Hosting Services
Joomla has teamed up with Cloud Access https://launch.joomla.org/ to offer people free hosting.
You can build a fully functional website using the Cloud Access Platform.
It also comes with FTP, PhpMyAdmin, and the ability to install extensions. The service does have some restrictions including you only get 500 MB disk space and cannot use sub domains. You also must login into the Cloud Access control panel and select the renew button.
Byet host offer a free service which includes PHP, MySQL, FTP. The features included in the free plan can be managed via there in house Vista panel. The service does have some limitations but it’s a good service to use to host a free website
WP note offers free Joomla website hosting with no ads.
- 5GB SSD storage
- Unlimited data transfer
- 1GB email based on Round cube
- Free global CDN by Cloudflare.
Free Virtual Servers
Free virtual servers offers free Joomla! web hosting which comes with
- 100MB Web Space
- 200MB Bandwidth per Month
- 1 Email Account
- Free Weebly Web Builder
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Full cPanel Access