If your looking to try out Joomla but don’t have any money you may find this article use as it includes a list of the best free Joomla hosting services for your website to help you get started with the free content management system.
Many of the free services available online do have limitations but they do provide you with everything you need to create a website.
More and more companies now offer free Joomla web hosting for people to try out before signing up to monthly paid service.
Advantages of using free Joomla Web hosting
- It’s free to host a website.
- It’s a good place to start testing Joomla on a live server environment.
- Great way to get to know how it works without spending any money.
- If you only need a small amount of disk space and bandwidth then it’s a good choice.
- If you don’t plan on getting many website visitors or website traffic.
Disadvantages of using free Joomla hosting
- Free website hosting will have limitations in place which include the server resources you can use, limits on bandwidth, disk space, MySQL databases, sub domains, email accounts and more.
- The Joomla website may work differently on a free hosting plan compared to a paid plan. This could generate PHP and MYSQL errors at the website and take you time to fix them.
- You won’t get the same level of technical support compared to using a shared or another web hosting plan that you do pay for.
- Paying customers will come first, you will be last in the support queue to get support.
- You may have to wait days to receive technical support.
- If your website is down, so what it’s a free service.
- Popup advertisements may appear on your website.
- You will be restricted by the type of templates and extensions you can install on free Joomla website hosting.
The bottom line is if you want to test out Joomla and don’t have the money to pay for a paid service than look at a host but don’t expect it to work out great and if you have website downtime or technical issues then your pretty much on your own.
Best Free Joomla Web Hosting Services
Joomla has teamed up with Cloud Access https://launch.joomla.org/ to offer people free hosting.
You can build a fully functional website using the Cloud Access Platform.
It also comes with FTP, PhpMyAdmin, and the ability to install extensions. The service does have some restrictions including you only get 500 MB disk space and cannot use sub domains. You also must login into the Cloud Access control panel and select the renew button.
Byet host offer a free service which includes PHP, MySQL, FTP. The features included in the free plan can be managed via there in house Vista panel. The service does have some limitations but it’s a good service to use to host a free website
WP note offers free Joomla website hosting with no ads.
- 5GB SSD storage
- Unlimited data transfer
- 1GB email based on Round cube
- Free global CDN by Cloudflare.
Free Virtual Servers
Free virtual servers offers free Joomla! web hosting which comes with
- 100MB Web Space
- 200MB Bandwidth per Month
- 1 Email Account
- Free Weebly Web Builder
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Full cPanel Access
Joomla is one of the most popular free open source content management systems on the internet which has been downloaded millions of times and used by people around the world to create amazing websites.
The aim of this blog post is to online the reasons why you should choose Joomla! for your next project.
Free Open source Software
Joomla is free open source software. You can visit the website and download the source code for free without any restrictions. You don’t need to worry about on-going license fees or getting locked into long term contracts to use the software. You can also modify it, distribute it and contribute to it in order to make improvements to the code.
Award Winning Software
Joomla has won 20 awards in the past 13 years which is real testament to how good Joomla is based on the awards.
Open Source Technology
Joomla uses and is integrated with popular, widely used open source technologies including PHP, MYSQL Bootstrap and more which fuels the growth of the content management system and makes it easier for both the end user and developer to extend the usage of Joomla capabilities by developing extensions and templates for it.
Joomla has great multilingual capabilities. It currently supports over 75 different languages which makes it the perfect choice for anyone looking for content management system which can easily work across different cultures, languages and countries.
SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) Friendly
Joomla is search engine friendly to help you rank your website higher in Google. The CMS includes built-in SEO settings which can be easily changed to improve the overall search engine optimization for your website. This is one of the big advantages of using Joomla, the SEO features work straight out of the box after you have setup and installed it at your website.
Website security is essential for all websites. It is even more important for open source content management systems like Joomla! to ensure they have the correct security measures in place to protect people using it and people visiting websites.
The Joomla security strike force team have worked hard to ensure the CMS is as secure as possible by incorporating the following measures
- 2 Factor Authentication (2FA): This is an inbuilt Joomla security feature that quells the efforts of a security breach using any unauthorized access or hacking into the password security. Every time a login attempt is made on your Joomla website, 2FA generates a temporary code which is sent to your mobile phone. Only by entering this code you can access the administrator interface of your Joomla website.
- B-Crypt Algorithm: This is a hashing algorithm used by Joomla to scramble all the passwords in your database – ensuring better encryption against hackers.
Easy To Use
Joomla is easy to use once you have installed it at your website. It has a great UI (user interface) and a lot of UX work and thinking has gone into the latest version of the content management system to make easy easier to update and manage.
No Computer Software Required
You don’t need to install any software on your computer to manage the Joomla website. All aspects of the site can be easily managed via the website administrator area using your browser. Its simple, just log into the administrator area of the Joomla website using any browser and you easily manage the whole website and all the built-n features it has to offer.
One of the big selling points for using Joomla is its active community support forum. It’s a friendly place where you can find help and answers to your questions plus to can meet new people and find out more about how you can contribute to the growth of Joomla and attend community meetups.
Extensions & Templates
Another big advantage of using Joomla is the way it can be easily extended to do anything you want for your website. There are currently over 7,000 extensions available for download ranging from forums to document management, security, image galleries and much more all which can be quickly installed via the administrator area of your website. You also have a great choice of free and paid themes and templates to choose from created by professional web designers from around the world.
Before you install Joomla the web hosting service you choose for your website must meet a minimum set of requirements in order to run the latest version of the Joomla! content management system.
You will find that most Joomla hosting companies do meet the minimum requirements, however some hosts may not so its worth comparing the system requirements below with the technical specifications included at web hosting provider.
Joomla! System Requirements
As noted the above the minimum system requirements to run Joomla are as follows.
- PHP Software: 5.3.1 + (Magic Quotes GPC off)
- PHP 7.0 or above is recommend to improve the overall speed and performance of the Joomla! website.